Moorea Lagoon with palms and water
Adventure Land Travel

Discount Travel Vacations
Passport Visa Customs Green Cards
Airline Safety Travel Information

U.S. Department of State
Public Information - U.S. Department of State
Bureau of Consular Travel Affairs
Provided by:

Adventure Land Travel

Reservations Directory Agents
Site Map
Airline Tickets
Car Rentals
Web Cams
Chat + Support
About Us

Don't Forget Your Passport, birth certificate, and Visa
We provide passports, birth certificates, and visas for your travel needs.

Passports and Citizenship Documents for all Countries
Customers with urgent travel (within two weeks) or who need passports for visas may schedule an appointment at any of our other Passport Agencies.
The Passport Services Office provides information and services to American citizens about how to obtain, replace or change a passport.

A passport is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies the identity and nationality of the bearer. A valid U.S. passport is required to enter and leave most foreign countries. Only the U.S. Department of State has the authority to grant, issue or verify United States passports.

New Application for a U.S. Passport
To obtain a passport for the first time, you need to go in person to one of 7,000 passport acceptance facilities located throughout the United States with two photographs of yourself, proof of U.S. citizenship, and a valid form of photo identification such as a driver’s license.

Acceptance facilities include many Federal, state and probate courts, post offices, some public libraries and a number of county and municipal offices. There are also 13 regional passport agencies, which serve customers who are traveling within 2 weeks (14 days), or who need foreign visas for travel. Appointments are required in such cases.

You’ll need to apply in person if you are applying for a U.S. passport for the first time; if your expired U.S. passport is not in your possession; if your previous U.S. passport has expired and was issued more than 15 years ago; or if your previous U.S. passport was issued when you are under 16 your currently valid U.S. passport has been lost of stolen.

For more information on getting a new passport, please click
How to get a passport.

Renewal of a U.S. Passport
You can renew by mail if: Your most recent passport is available to submit and it is not damaged; you received the passport within the past 15 years; you were over age 16 when it was issued; you still have the same name, or can legally document your name change.

You can get a passport renewal application form by downloading it from this site.

If your passport has been, altered or damaged, you cannot apply by mail. You must apply in person.

For more information on how to renew a passport, please click:
How to renew a passport.

Don't Forget Your Passport, birth certificate, and Visa
We provide passports, birth certificates, and visas for your travel needs.
Get or Renew Passport
Applications and Forms
Lost or Stolen Passports
Frequently Requested Information
Passport Policy Information
Other Services and Information
Guide for Professional Photographers
About Passport Services


Millions of foreign visitors travel to the U.S. each year. Others come to live here permanently. International visitors and immigrants add greatly to our nation's cultural, education and economic life. We welcome them. At the same time, we need to do everything we can to keep everyone here, safe. We believe in secure borders and open doors.

A citizen of a foreign country, wishing to enter the U.S., generally must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. The type of visa you must have is defined by immigration law, and relates to the purpose of your travel. If your destination is the U.S., please seeour e-Jourmal USA:See You in the USAand watch this briefvideo. These items assist in explaining new visa policies and procedures for visitors to the United States -- a nation with secure borders and open doors.

If you are visiting temporarily, see Temporary Visitors to the U.S.

If you are visiting permanently, see Permanent Immigrants to the U.S.

Questions? See Questions about Visas

Please visit the News section of our website for information on developments in U.S. visa policy, press releases and more.

Don't Forget Your Passport, birth certificate, and Visa
We provide passports, birth certificates, and visas for your travel needs.
Questions about Visas?
Temporary Visitors to the U.S.
Permanent Immigrants to the U.S.
Frequently Requested Visa Information
Laws, Regulation and Visa Policy Information
About Visa Services
Duty-Free Goods
Goods purchased in duty-free stores are subject to U.S. duty.
Cuban Cigars
Don't attempt to return with Cuban cigars unless they were purchased in Cuba (on authorized travel).
If you're traveling with prescription medicine, carry them in their original containers and bring a copy of your prescription.
If you buy medications abroad, be aware that they may not be FDA-approved or allowed into the United States.
Shopkeeper's Advice
You should not rely on shopkeeper's advice about U.S. Customs regulations, or items allowed and not allowed into the United States.
Search Authority
By law, Customs officers have the authority to search anyone and anything entering the United States.
Keep in mind, you are not officially in the United States until after you clear INS and Customs.

Airline Safetyand Travel Complaints

How complaints are handled
The Aviation Consumer Protection Division (ACPD) operates a complaint handling system for consumers who experience air travel service problems. Consumers with concerns about airline safety should call the Federal Aviation Administration toll-free at 1-800-255-1111. Consumers with concerns about aviation security should register their comments with the Transportation Security Administration at

Consumers can call, write or e-mail the ACPD to register their concerns about airline service. You may call the ACPD 24 hours each day at 202-366-2220 (TTY 202-366-0511) to record your complaint. Calls are returned Monday through Friday, generally between 7:30 am and 5:00 pm Eastern time. Letters and e-mails will be reviewed and acknowledged and will be forwarded to an airline official for further consideration. Our mailing address is:

Aviation Consumer Protection Division, C-75
U.S. Department of Transportation
400 7th Street, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20590

Our e-mail address is

Whether you call, write or e-mail, please be brief and concise in the description of your problem and be sure to include the following information:

If you write, you should also include a copy of your airline ticket (not the original) and any correspondence you have already exchanged with the company.

If your complaint concerns accessibility problems experienced by a passenger with a disability, or alleged discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion or ancestry, please click here for information on where to file your complaint. If you determine from that document that your complaint should be filed here with DOT’s Aviation Consumer Protection Division, use the link in that page or your browser’s “Back” button to return to this page.

If you are filing an accessibility or discrimination complaint with us, we have optional complaint forms for these two types of complaints that you may download and/or print if you wish. Complaints of this type may be filed on the appropriate form, or by letter or e-mail. Click here for additional information about filing a complaint about accessibility problems with an airline that were experienced by a passenger with a disability. Click here for additional information about filing a complaint about alleged discrimination by airlines based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion or ancestry.

All complaints are entered in DOT's computerized aviation industry monitoring system, and are charged to the company in question in the monthly Air Travel Consumer Report. This report is distributed to the industry and made available to the news media and the general public so that consumers and air travel companies can compare the complaint records of individual airlines and tour operators. These complaints are reviewed to determine the extent to which carriers are in compliance with federal aviation consumer protection regulations. This system also serves as a basis for rulemaking, legislation and research.

The Department of Transportation produces an annual Report to Congress summarizing complaints that air carriers receive about disability-related issues. Click here to see this report.

The ACPD publishes a number of booklets and fact sheets on air travel consumer protection issues.


Industry Letters (Guidance)

Unruly Passengers

Passport Visa Customs Airline Safety Travel Information Green Cards